Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Funday #88 June 30, 2014


Can you believe this is the last Monday in June already and that Friday is already the 4th.  We are planning on having a cookout with the family.  Hubby's brother is coming in from Texas...The kids are so excited!!  They only get to see their uncle a few times a year, mostly on holidays, and they are over the moon for him. They don't get to see my two brothers as one lives in New York and I haven't seen the other one is close to 18 years even though he lives only 30 minutes to an hour away.  

We had a quiet week last week.  We have been having lots of wonderful rain off and on and when it is not raining the kids are outside, in the pool, or finding something fun to do inside (like reading!!) when it gets hot in the afternoon. I have been trying to walk at least 30 minutes a few times a week. Didn't make it out this morning because I slept in till...8:00.  The little man woke me up at 4:30 this morning coughing.  Not sure what was going on.  Lulu wondered if little brother might have been snoring like their Papa and choked on his slobbers.  Usually when he coughs like he was this morning he is getting ready to blow chunks so I high tailed it out of bed and into his room but he was out cold.  Of course the adrenaline was ramped up by that time and I had a wee bit of trouble going back to sleep.

Once I got up and running we had a late breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes with butter, syrup, cool whip and cherries.  YUMMY!!  This is the second time in my life that I have ever made pancakes and didn't burn them.  I'm so proud!!  I have discovered the secret of pancake cooking...are you ready...it is... patients grasshopper.  I always want to crank up the heat and get them done as fast as possible but that DOES NOT work.

I have also been working on some new items for the Storybook Felts shop. I will share them as soon as I get more ready.  I also have a book to share with you sometime this week (I hope).  

Okay I have rambled enough...On to the links. Oh and if you like seeing picture links over the text ones, see the info in red at the bottom of this page.








My Swedish Mora Clock from The Rococo Roamer
Swedish Mora Clock

If you would like to see this link up continue having image link ups instead of text only please consider sponsoring the link ups.  For more information please use the contact form. One months sponsorship would be $2.00 and I will add you and/or your blog to the link up as a sponsor.







3 comments:

  1. Thanks so very much for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fun party and have a happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm new here! Thanks so much for hosting! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.