Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween...

As all of you know, today is Halloween.  But, do you know the history of Halloween? You can find some articles about it HERE and HERE.  




Just let me say that I am not judging you if you do celebrate Halloween. That being said, my family and I do not celebrate Halloween at our house.  My kids do not get dressed up in scary costumes and go door to door asking for candy. Nor do they watch all the Halloween shows and cartoons on television.  We also do not carve pumpkins (you can read why HERE and HERE). To us it is just another day. When my kids first started school they didn't understand why they couldn't trick or treat like all the other kids did.  But as they have gotten older they have realized that Halloween is a day to celebrate the evil in the world. In our walk with the Lord, we choose to only celebrate the light not the darkness.  The bible says: 

Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, rebuke and expose them.
-Ephesians 5:11(NLT)

You cannot drink from the cup of the Lord and from the cup of demons, too. You cannot eat at the Lord's Table and at the table of demons too.
-1 Cor. 10:21(NLT)

After reading a blog post from HERE, I felt that I too needed to step out and share my faith and feelings on this "Holiday."  This post is not meant to judge, condemn or offend in any way.  If you choose to celebrate Halloween, then that is your choice.  If I have offended you I'm sorry but...




Don't get me wrong. I love fall!  My family enjoys going to local pumpkin patches and going through corn mazes. We buy pumpkins to sit on the porch and cut them open to enjoy the seeds. We love to go for walks through the crunchy leaves. We even go to the fall festival at school. We just don't condone the evil side of it. 



If you choose to take you children trick or treating tonight please be safe!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, very well put. I also love Fall! It's my favorite season :)
    I'm glad you stepped out and wrote this post Melissa.
    There should be no shame in what you believe and how you raise your kids.
    Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.