Sunday, February 12, 2012

Free Crochet Body / Kitchen Scrubber Pattern

I came across a pattern I made a long time ago.  I thought I would share it with all of you today.  My Wiggles and Giggles blanket will be up for sale here on my blog, in my Etsy store, on Craftsy and on Ravelry by the end of the day. Thanks to Melissa for testing it for me.  If you need a pattern tester she is a great one to have.  She is fast and not afraid to tell you if there is a problem with the pattern.
So here is the pattern. This pattern has not been tested so please let me know if you find an error.


BODY / KITCHEN SCRUBBER


Materials:
About 2oz 100% cotton ww yarn
About 1oz acrylic (or other rough) ww yarn
Size H/5mm hook
Stitch marker

With cotton yarn

Ch 4, join with slst to fourth ch to form ring. (Or use magic ring) Round 1:  Ch3, dc 13 times in ring, join with slst in third chain on beginning ch 3.
Round 2: Ch3, dc in same stitch as ch 3, 2 dc in each dc around. Join with slst in third chain on beginning ch      3.
Round 3: Ch3, dc in same stitch as ch 3, (1 dc in next, 2 dc in next) around. Join with slst in third chain on beginning ch 3.
Round 4: Ch 2, hdc in each dc around. Fasten off

With acrylic yarn (or other rough yarn)

Ch 4, join with slst to first ch to form ring.
Round 1:  Ch3, dc 13 times in ring, join with slst in third chain on beginning ch 3.
Round 2: Ch3, dc in same stitch as ch 3, 2 dc in each dc around. Join with slst in third chain on beginning ch 3.
Round 3: Ch3, dc in same stitch as ch 3, (1 dc in next, 2 dc in next) around. Join with slst in third chain on beginning ch 3.
Round 4: Ch 1, sc in each dc around. Join with slst to beginning ch 1. Fasten off

Handle

With cotton yarn
Ch 17. Skip ch next to hook, sc in each across turn (16sc)
Round 2: Ch 1, sc in each sc across. Do NOT fasten off.

Assembly

Put cotton circle and acrylic circle wrong sides together. Join handle in any stitch through catching both sides with slst. Ch 1 sc around be sure to catch handle on opposite side. Join with slst in ch1 space.  Ch 1  *(2hdc – 1dc – 2hdc) in next sc, skip next sc, sc in next sc, skip next sc*. Repeat from *to *. Slst in ch1 space to join. Fasten off, weave in ends.

Please do not sell this pattern as your own.  If you would like to sell the finished product please contact me first.

Have a great Sunday everyone.  We are supposed to FINALLY get some snow tonight so the kids may get a snow day tomorrow.  They can't wait.  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me. I am going to try this soon. It looks like a good one.

    I may use craft/rug yarn for the rough side, as it is pretty durable. I made a dog leash with that yarn, and our LARGE puppy never chewed through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment about my Ruffle Wreath! Yes, mine did tend to curl up, but when I got all the ruffles on, it didn't. If you've finished yours and it still wants to twist, go ahead a block it :)
    I'm so glad you're having fun with my pattern!
    Thanks again!
    Grace Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great blog running!!

    I am hosting Boticca.com giveaway currently, where you can win $100 worth of jewelery and bags...Just click the link below...I'll wait for you there :)

    Enter Boticca.com giveaway and win $100
    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.